Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

Cinderella was a nice ending to this wonderful day with C. He was finally able to get his massage that I got for his 20th bday in May this morning! So after that we had lunch at Jason's Deli (yummy), followed by an afternoon @ the pool. We were the only cute one's with our own goggles :)

We then went to H-E-B to stock up on our brain food for the upcoming semester (hot fries and chex mix were a must have)! After a trip to the supermarket we enjoyed a nice Bible study with our Sunday school class and then the adventure began...

Blockbuster is our venue for renting all of these lovely movies I am preparing to "blog" about...unfortunately, Cinderella was no longer there. So we (mainly I) left a little bummed out, I just knew my fans would be disappointed (that's you). After a little conversing about the matter we decided to go back in and get another movie from the list and all of the sudden it was like Fairy God Mother appeared in BBuster and Cinderella was there (no lie, this really happened)!

My observations about Movie number 10:

Cinderella was a kind hearted girl who's lifestyle was not considered ideal. Although she had precious birds to make her bed and a couple of adorable mice friends (these were my fave characters), she longed for the love of her life to come sweep her off of her feet...and take the broom to the dump while he's at it!

All of this was wrapped into an hour and a half (aprox.) film that keeps viewers engaged and smiling. A few of my favorite memories were when Cinderella and the Prince are at the ball and "So this is love..." lyrics reign in the background, def. a heart flutter moment! Not to mention the feeling everyone got when Guss Guss was adorned with new clothes, what a cute little fella he was! Lucifer, the cat caused his share of mischief but was eventually defeated (sorry Aub. I know your love for cats) by Bruno, the dog. Her dress was amazing for the ball and those slippers would def. go for thousands of $ these days ;)...

Overall, I totally enjoyed this movie and am curious how it's number 10 on the list (attached again to the title of this post), they def. did not give credit where credit was due on this one. I'm still a little disappointed about Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp and Bambi not making this list either...maybe we'll take a poll of your top ten Disney CLASSICS and go through those in a month, soon!

"So this is love..." will be ringing in my ear and lull me to sleep tonight. Good night Princesses (and prince's) may all of YOUR dreams come true....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comment :) I can't wait to hear what you have to say! Don't forget to leave your name!