(for more pictures click on the title of this blog, they are at the end of this album!)
This weekend was a fun/busy/fast weekend. Friday was filled with a group haircut adventure to the local Cosmetology school here in town. This place is a new fave. for fun, girly treats! They are cheaper than a licensed salon, but tons of fun. I went as the photographer for Monica, Adam and Chance as they all got their $5.00 haircuts (no complaints from any)! I'll be returning for a few treatments soon that look like great deals :)
Margaret then came to town for the night (so-o happy)! So, we enjoyed a yummy dinner fixed by K-K, then went to see Love Happens with the gals plus Sawyer ;)
Saturday was off to a fun start, Margaret headed to Austin to see Becca for her bday (Happy bday B)...and Chance and I were on a mission to have a date! We finally decided on a pedicure, dinner @ Road House and a trip to the movies to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (cute flick, can't wait to re-read the book). Afterwards, some friends came over to enjoy a yummy candy/chocolate/peanut butter/anything else imaginable covered apples and strawberries! I recently discovered that this was my favorite dessert! I always have a problem trying to decide so I looked to my two favorites (fruit and caramel) and combined them to make a delicious (already invented) treat! I enjoy chocolate on this dessert, but usually I'm not a big choc. fan...I know, I know, crazy.
While I'm on this topic of sweets, I can't believe the love I've had for sweets in the past year. I could go on and on about this topic because I'm amazed at the changes I've seen since this silly desire has come about (not all bad). I usually would pick salty/wholesome food over sweets but here recently it has been a must to have dessert at least once during the week. I'm not sure how I feel about this love for sweets, right now about the only plus I see in it is having one more thing in common with my Granny! The downfall however is clothes aren't fitting quite the way they used to ;) no worries, I'll workout double-time & change this habit soon! I guess you really do start becoming who you hang out with (thanks Chance & girlfriends)...
One last adventure for tonight is Salt & Pepper dinner @ the church. It's a time when all different age groups from the church (college and up) intermingle and go to someone's home for dinner. This is a tool to help everyone get to know someone outside of their age group. C and I have lots of stories from these dinners, and I'll speak for myself when I say they've been a blast! I'm not sure what's on the menu for tonight...but hopefully it'll counteract some of that sugar (blahh) I had last night!
Y'all have a wonderful week! (Don't forget to check out the pics. by clicking the title and going to the end of the album!)
That does sound like a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteI really want to see/read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs! It looks cute.
And thanks, as always, for your comment. LOL Sorry, for the cheerleader comment---I'm not at all not a supporter, it's just funny how green and gold always seem to pop up together and I just think of all the harleton-ites who wear nothing but G&G. haha