This week was the first of my Senior year @ Texas State!! I will finish in December '10 with a degree in Elementary Education with certification in Pre-K through 6th grade...yay!!
I'm very excited to be on the "down slope" of college. I had no idea it would go by this fast but to say the least, I'm very ready to be a teacher! This semester I will be @ the elementary school two days a week half a day in lecture and half a day in the elementary classroom doing observations.
I'll take a full summer load (6 hrs the first half and 7 hrs the second half), then off to Student Teaching in the Fall (yay for not having to buy books that semester!!!).
I will find out which grade I will observe this semester, this week and I am nervously signing up for the older grades this go 'round. I did Pre-K last semester (check out some of my posts about my fun-filled days) but I want to be well versed when I apply for a job so I am trying to get a little more experience higher up (4th and 5th grade). This is a great idea but I know will challenge my personality and preparation time. I can do it!
Next Thursday will mark the first day of my assignment from 7:45-2:45 all day in the classroom. I'm really praying I get a teacher who loves interns and is willing to help me grow as a future teacher!
We'll call this semester...A Race to the Finish!
You are going to do great! In the past I would have wanted the younger grades too! But now that Alli is in 5th grade I can see where her grade would be fun! Well fun as long as you have a good group of kiddos ;) Good luck!
ReplyDelete